Thursday, January 3, 2008

You Know You're A Coach's Wife When...

...you & The Coach are in bed; snuggled up to each other. You smell his skin and feel safe and warm. The kids are sleeping soundly upstairs. Life is good.

The Coach: Anyway, like I was saying...
Me: (inside my head) Huh?
The Coach: I really need to pick up a couple of linemen. If I could just get 4 new kids I think I could make it work. We just need to focus on one game at a time. My goal right now is to win Game 1....blah, blah, blah....blah, blah.
Me: (again, inside my head) Huh? Dude. We weren't talking. I was hoping we wouldn't talk - especially not about football.
The Coach: ...blah, blah...I've really tried to set up a schedule that's conducive to winning. We have to get our momentum. I really think that if we'd have won that first game against the Jaguars the entire season would have been different...blah, blah, blah.
Me: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

Shelly said...

This is too funny!
I decided that i was going to visit the Catholic Mothers blogroll "backwards"...every time I go looking around [I call that "BLOPPING"...blog hopping] I of course, start towards the front of the alphabet! Well, not tonight! I decided to give you latter titles a visit.
Glad I did! Your blog is funny and down to earth!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

OH GIRL. I laughed so much at this. I cannot TELL you how many times I have dozed off while Kyle was describing some intricacy of the defensive scheme to me. I always feel terrible about it, but something about talking Xs and Os just puts me to sleep. *blush*

Regina said...

wow, a coach's wife in TX...i DONT envy you. i grew up in el paso and, though football wasnt the religion it is in say Odessa, i know in most other parts of TX it is. good luck to you :)
r