Saturday, November 24, 2007

Refreshed, Rejuventated, Revived

We are still in OKC, but, this morning, The Coach told me he felt refreshed! He even said he's ready to get back to football. Wow. Amazing what a few days away from everything will do for ya. We even turned off the cell phones!

As we gathered around my mother-in-law's dining table on Thursday, I was reminded that no matter what you do or how far you stray, a family is always there. We had 4 generations in the same room. From Big Mama (Grandma) to our 2 month old cousin - a sweet little girl who snuggled on my chest and slept (oh, it was pure yellow!); all walks of life were represented. I don't always agree with the way everyone lives their life as I'm sure they have thoughts about me ;-)...BUT, we're family and that's what will always bring us together. Love - a tie that binds!

We will head home this evening AFTER the OU vs. OSU game, of course! We will get back to our lives - schooling, dancing, cooking, cleaning, football & winter sports. I will start Christmas projects and continue traditions as the next few weeks pass by. Life is but a season and if we fail to refresh our spirit, breathe in the goodness and bask in the joy that is our family it will pass us by all too quickly. God has richly blessed us and, for that, I'm eternally grateful.
Blessings & Peace Stranger-Friends!

2 comments:

nutmeg said...

Blessings! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

:)

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Mmmmmm, rest and refreshment. We could use some around here! Things are much better now, though, with the season behind us and recruiting under way. We will be heading north to OK for family Christmases very soon!