Wednesday, February 27, 2008

When You're Over the Target...


...you're catching flack.


Ever heard that saying? Our pastor has used it more than once in the last few months and it seems to resonate in our lives lately. The Coach has experienced some struggles in his school over the last month or so and the stress of it weighs on him heavily. As his helpmeet I really desire to help him. I hate seeing him wade through the waters of discontent and discouragement. Although I know God's plans for our lives may include a little refining fire it is still hard.


Beth Moore posted about this topic today and I love love love the way she broke it down. "We don't understand that the pressures we face getting to our places of full-throttle effectiveness in Christ are crucial for developing the muscle to sustain ministry there. He's developing the character the calling requires...Satan will never oppose us more than when he thinks we're onto our callings. Bet on that."


I need to release the anxiety, trust in God's plans and provisions for our family and press on because, when you're over the target...


2 comments:

Mike and Johnie said...

Feel for your husband. Seems to me that a high school coach is not a teacher, mentor or a role model, but only responsible for winning. And that is a priority I have yet to understand for 99% of the kids will never go further than high school. Hang in there, he is having an impact...only known to God now. The lessons I learned from playing way back in the day have stood me in good stead.

And you hang in there. We men might not always say it, but we know when you are walking with us.

From a continent away I will keep you and yours in my prayers

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

AWESOME! Thanks for sharing that.

You've been tagged, by the way.
:)