Saturday, December 20, 2008

American Girl - Celebrate Your Inner Star!

Heather wrote that she never thought she'd be this mom...I must admit, I am this mom. I love these dolls and wanted Caela to have one well beyond a reasonable age. Santa brought her "Zoe" (not to be confused with Zoey) for Christmas 2 years ago and she has been part of our family since.
Last November the Dallas location opened and we've been saying that we'd go but it seems we never made it. So, after I went back to work I decided to bribe her with a trip to the Bistro and Salon. You see, she has had the hardest time adjusting to the new family dynamic and many days she'd begin with tears. Today was our Mommy-Daughter date in celebration of making it throught the last 7 weeks! When we walked in I believe Caela heared the angels sing "hallelujah, amen" and then she took off. She bounced from one section to the next as quickly as a ping-pong. It was all quite overwhelming and yet exciting all at once. She asked me, "Mom, why are you smiling?" It was just so fun to see her be a child. I hope I always remember to slow down to catch the view from here more often.




Does it get cuter than this? My picture isn't too clear, but this little hook is on the bathroom stall just to the front left of the toilet. It says, "Hang your doll here"! Oh, my heavenly days!


After brunch, Zoe had an appointment at the salon. Caela chose the style and ribbon colors. Quite honestly I was amazed at how well it turned out. Since Zoe has curly hair - just like Caela - it can get a little crazy, but our stylist did a great job.

I love this little quote above the door!







7 comments:

Regina said...

oh how fun! i didnt know they had one in dallas. my mom buys those for the girls ( i would never spend that much on a doll) and they each have a bitty baby, then we have josephina, elizabeth, julie, ivy, marisol, nikki, and this yr they are getting mia and one of the dolls you can have look like yourself. agh,
r

Life of a wanna-be model said...

Cool! She told me she had soo much fun!

Jessica Gordon said...

How FUN!!!! I just love the picture of your daughter with her doll! Super cute!!

My girls each got a mini this year and they LOVED them. Someday I will probably break down and get them each one... Maybe next year :)

Merry Christmas to you and your familY!

Jubilee said...

Christie! Your kids are so precious. I just got your blog off of fb and read through it a bit, great job - it's neat to see what's been going on with you.

rk said...

I was not a girly girl when I was little, but my pre schooler is. Just returned from FL where we got to see Mickey. My daughter said "hi" to him, but was really all about Cinderella and any princess she could set site on. It is really fun for me to see this joy in her. Hope all is well and you had a wonderful break!

Blessings,
R

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the comment! H

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said...

I love American Girl dolls. Each of my sisters & I had a doll (Molly, Kirsten & Samantha.) It was perfect because each doll fit our personality!

I will sooo be one of these moms & hope that I have a girl someday so that I can share all my American Girl Doll books & clothes with her!

This looks like y'all had such a great day!